Are you feeling stressed? Do you have low energy? Can’t sleep properly? Well, there’s flower essential oil for that.
If you are not using any aromatherapy as part of your healthy lifestyle, there’s no better time to start than now.
What is flower essential oil?
Flower essential oils are volatile oils extracted from flowers and their parts. They are potent and highly concentrated. Flower oils contain the pure essence of their parent flower plant. They have refreshing & charming fragrances that are used for several purposes. Essential oils have been used for many years to treat different problems. It is an old remedy that has become popular in recent times. The sweet and natural aroma of flower oils rejuvenates the body, mind, and soul within.
How to use flower essential oil?
Flower essential oil can be used in many ways. You can use it as a massage oil, add it to your bathwater. You can also use it along with your beauty products such as body wash or lotion.
- Use on your skin: You can use essential oil for skincare and manage it in many ways. Focus on areas of pain, tension, and tightness. You can also rub the oil into pressure points like wrists and massage your feet.
- Use essential oil in bath: You can add a few drops of essential oils to your shampoo, body wash, and conditioner. To inhale essential oil while you shower, add a few drops to a lukewarm washcloth that can be used for inhalation.
- Use essential oil in a humidifier: if you want to use essential oils in your humidifier, then check the manufacturer’s direction first. Add 1 to 2 drops into the water tank. The essential oil will naturally vaporize throughout the room.
Do’s of flower essential oil
Check the quality: Look for a trusted manufacturer that makes pure oils without anything added. You might have an allergic reaction to flower essential oils that have other ingredients.
Do consider age: Younger babies and the elder may be more sensitive to flower essential oils. Even a small amount may cause severe problems in babies because they may contain some chemicals. Make sure to consult your pediatrician first.
Benefits of Flower essential oil
- Soothe wounds: The purple flowering plant may be a powerful healer. According to one study, lavender essential oil heals soreness and redness for women who had vaginal cuts made to deliver babies.
- Supports mental health: The essential oil can be used in aromatherapy who are feeling stressed or tense. It is a great way to post your emotional and mental spirits.
- Reduce Insomnia: Essential oils have relaxing properties, and that’s why it helps to sleep peacefully. Flower essential oil is excellent for those who are suffering from insomnia. If you have trouble sleeping, try lily flower essential oil.
- Helpful in hair loss: Regular use of lavender oil and other herbal essential oils may help in hair loss problems. Research is also going on to check if lavender oil might help hair grow too.
- Helps to calm a baby: If your new-born is fussy, then flower essential oil can help you. As per one study, 40 mothers massaged their 2 to 6 weeks old babies with flower essential oil. The massaged babies quiet down more quickly than others. The result shows the babies cried less each week.
- Antibacterial quality: The essential oil’s antibacterial properties make it useful in treating skin conditions like pimples, and bug bites.
Note: If you are pregnant, then it is advisable not to use any kind of flower essential oil.
Welcome to the Fit-mecca newsletter! Fresh new content, Senior editor Fit-mecca Admin emails readers with tips and advice for living a better, more fulfilling life. Sign up here to get it in your inbox.